PACT (Paediatric Autism Communication Therapy) Training course
We are pleased to announce the next PACT training courses:
16 – 17 April 2020 Blossom House School London UK
09 – 10 July 2020 Manchester UK
19 – 20 November 2020 Manchester UK
05 – 06 May 2020 Copenhagen Denmark
07 – 08 August 2020 Chile South America
15 – 16 October 2020 Perth Australia
Group training is available on request in both the UK and internationally.
For the PACT professional flyer please click here; For the PACT parent flyer please click here . For more information on PACT research please click here
Level 1 – An introduction to PACT e-learning course (½ day). Registration with Hogrefe Publishers click here
Level 2 – Accredited PACT training. (2-day PACT face-to-face training + 2 ½ days PACT supervised post course practice). Registration by completing the form on this page, select Level 2 PACT training and click submit.
Level 1 – An Introduction to PACT (½ day e-learning- £299)
- Suitable for a wide range of professionals wishing to gain awareness of PACT (including teaching assistants, service leads, managers, organisations involved in education, health and social care).
- Necessary for progressing to Level 2 PACT accredited training.
- PACT e-learning includes an introduction to PACT, watching video clips of the 6 PACT stages and completing tasks for each stage and remains live for 12 months.
- Level 1 PACT certificate is issued on completion of the PACT e-learning.
Level 2 – Accredited PACT Training (2 days plus 2 days £1,050)
Face-to-face training course (2 days):
- Suitable for professionals wishing to administer PACT in clinical practice or in research (psychologists, psychiatrists, speech and language therapists, specialist teachers, therapists, social workers) who are trained and experienced in the social communication needs of children with autism of 2-10 years of age.
- All trainees must have undertaken Level 1 PACT training and certification. For professionals waiting for Health funding, they may complete Level 1 after completing Level 2 training.
- A 2 day face-to-face PACT training course (including a PACT manual).
- The PACT 2-day face-to-face course provides comprehensive training on all aspects of PACT, the background, theoretical and practical stages of PACT.
- Delegates practice video observation, analysis and feedback methods, measuring communication goals, PACT therapy strategies and criteria for moving to the next stage of the PACT manual.
- On completing the PACT 2-day face-to-face training, professionals will be equipped to administer PACT post-course practice in their work context.
PACT post-course practice work/ fidelity (2 days)
- PACT post-course practice work is essential for all professionals who wish to gain full accreditation to administer PACT in clinical practice or in research.
- Delegates submit 2 case videos of PACT practice sessions.
- Each practice case videos consists of i) adult-child play session, ii) therapist video review with the adults and feedback, iii) goal setting, iv) a PACT written programme.
- Senior UK PACT trainers provide supervision/ feedback to trainees and fidelity rate practice PACT videos.
- If trainees do not pass fidelity on their second practice video, there is an additional fee of £300 to fidelity rate a third video and provide extra trainer supervision.
PACT Training Discounted Rates
Discounted rates are available on the Level 2 PACT training, supported by our social enterprise IMPACT CIC Ltd (Interaction Method for Paediatric Autism Communication Therapy) as follows:
- Group training (groups over 20 trainees) – 15% discount
- NHS/ public sector professionals – 20% discount
PACT group training is available in different countries and locations upon request.
IMPACT (Interaction Method for Paediatric Autism Communication Therapy)
University of Manchester
Room 3.316 Jean McFarlane Building
PACT (Paediatric Autism Communication Therapy) Training Course